Here's What You Need To Know:
- Pet's Location : Westmoreland, Kansas
- Pet's Age : Young adult
- Pet's Breed : german Shepherd Dog
- Pet's Gender : Male
- Pet's Size : giant
- Pet good with other pets? : Yes
- Pet good with kids? : Yes
- Is the rescue able to transport the dog to owner's location? : Reasonable distance but prefer a meet and greet with potential adopter.
18-24 months. Lyon was saved from BARC shelter on the day he was to be euthanized. He had a severe infection in his lymph glands and a very prominent swelling under his chin. He only weighed 73 pounds and had a heavy load of internal parasites. He has a facial tic which may be from distemper when younger.
He was tested in September for distemper and was negative. Lyon is a large/extra large German Shepherd who will weigh 100+ pounds when he’s at the proper weight. Ignore cats, doesn’t react to other dogs. Loves everyone but do to his size, may knock over smaller children.
If you are interested in adopting Lyon, please send email to [email protected] and put Lyon in the subject line.