Here's What You Need To Know:
- Pet's Location : Pendleton, Oregon
- Pet's Age : End-of-life
- Pet's Breed : german Shepherd Dog
- Pet's Gender : Female
- Pet's Size : large
- Pet good with other pets? : No
- Pet good with kids? : Unsure
- Is the rescue able to transport the dog to owner's location? : Because of her fragile condition, we would prefer someone come to us for her.
We have a very special shelter dog, Shimai, who needs a hospice adoption as quickly as possible so that she doesn’t spend her final time in our shelter. She was used in dog-fighting by an abusive former owner, and that is how she lost an ear.
Because she was used in dog-fighting, she is aggressive to many other dogs. We have heard that she is good with cats, however, but because of her past trauma, we can’t guarantee this and would advise a slow introduction to any other animals.
She is an older German shepherd who has kidney disease and is on prescription food for the rest of her life. Elayne Boosler along with Tails of Joy has pledged to pay for her prescription food for the rest of her life. Shimai loves to play fetch, so if you have a fenced in yard, that would be amazing! Because she is aggressive to other dogs, she would not be able to go to a dog park to play.