Here's What You Need To Know:
- Dog's Location : Ocoee, Florida
- Dog's Age : Mature adult
- Dog's Breed : dachshund
- Dog's Gender : Female
- Dog's Size : small
- Dog good with other dogs? : Yes
- Dog good with kids? : Yes
- Is the rescue able to transport the dog to owner's location? : YES!
Kali came to the shelter as an owner surrender from a shelter in Maury County, Tennessee. A Good Samaritan took her for a few months and got her up to date on vaccines, and Kali was diagnosed with Cushing’s Syndrome. Kali is stable on her dose of Vetoryl and at goal weight, and she does not display symptoms of Cushing’s at this time. The Good Samaritan and her husband work overnight shifts, so they felt she deserved a home where she is not crated for long hours.
She was instantly accepted by all members of the “pack” of three other female dachshunds at her foster home. This little girl is a beauty and so very sweet! She loves to be petted and will happily sit on your lap for hours. Some lucky family will fall in love with her immediately!
She loves her squeaky toys and found the toy box right away!
Kali eats very fast, and a slow feeder bowl is recommended to avoid aspirating kibble when she eats.
Our must-haves for adorable Kali include:
- A fenced yard
- A family who is not away from her for long periods of time
- A family with lots of love as she is a very sweet and affectionate dog. She is very friendly and accepting of new people coming into the foster home.
- No apartments, condos, or high-rises
- Older/considerate children who are respectful of a dog’s space
- Looking for a southern states adopter
Kali learned the access to the backyard quickly. She will walk on a leash very well. She is housebroken, but it is best to take her out on a schedule. She sleeps in an open crate at night or in the Big Bed with her sisters. Kali rides well in the car.
If you think you are the one for this beautiful and sweet girl, please fill out an online adoption application. Once we talk to your vet for a reference, we’ll then be calling you to see if you would be a good fit for this adorable pup.