Here's What You Need To Know:
- Pet's Location : Toms River, New Jersey
- Pet's Age : Senior
- Pet's Breed : dachshund
- Pet's Gender : Male
- Pet's Size : small
- Pet good with other pets? : Yes
- Pet good with kids? : Yes
- Is the rescue able to transport the dog to owner's location? : Yes. We have volunteer transport. Only cost is $60 to cover the Health Certificate to cross state lines. Adopter will have to drive last leg (usually 60-75 miles) of the transport.
CITY, STATE: Toms River, NJ
AGE: 9 yrs.
WEIGHT: 13.5 lbs.
COLOR: Red with White
UP TO DATE: Yes
SPAYED/NEUTERED: Yes DATE: Before rescue
DHPP: Yes DATE: 8/22/22
RABIES: Yes DATE: 8/22/22 TAG NUMBER: 1635
ADOPTION FEE: $300.00 + $25.00 (microchip fee)
CRATE TRAINED: Yes, but only when we are gone
LEASH TRAINED: Yes, but will pull if he sees a cat, bird, or squirrel.
FENCED YARD NEEDED: Preferred
SPECIAL NEEDS: No
HOME W/ SMALL CHILDREN: Over the age of 10 years
HOME W/ OTHER DOGS: Yes, but prefers to be an only dog MALE: Yes FEMALE: Yes
HOME W/ CATS: No
MICROCHIP BRAND and #: HomeAgain 985113000359770
MONTHLY HEARTWORM DATE: 23rd of each month
FOSTER HOME: Debra, [email protected]
RESCUE #: 2022-08-20-02
BIO: This story is going to make you sad and angry at the same time. Cody came from Alabama when he was turned in by his elderly owners saying they could no longer care for him. We understand that, but what we can’t understand is why they put a box store harnesses on him when he was little and NEVER took it off!! Because of that, behind his front legs, you’ll see it’s indented, and the fur is black since it was a black harness (See small picture taken when he came into rescue). Why anyone would do that is beyond us… we just don’t understand!
What we want for Cody is someone who will never use that kind of harness again, so we are providing his adopter with two custom-made harnesses that don’t don’t fit snuggly behind his front legs. He has been on lots of walks with his foster mom and has lost 3 pounds … and looks AWESOME!! He likes staying warm wearing a sweater and his custom harness now that the weather has gotten colder.
Our must-haves for adorable Cody include:
- A home where he’ll be treated like a king. He would be happy to be an only dog.
- A fenced yard is preferred but he can go to a family that walks and potties on a leash. OFF leash he would be GONE!
- Someone who either works from home or is newly retired
- A home with no shared walls in case he decides to bark while you are away
Cody is a sweet, sweet dog, highly food motivated, and he loves to lay in a doggie bed. He doesn’t demand to be in the Big Bed but if you want to, he’s willing and able.
We just want him to forget his past and have nothing but sunny skies from here on out, can you help this boy out?