Foster & Adopt Enrichment & Fun
Baking 100 Dog Cakes for 100 Shelter Dogs
I baked 100 dog cakes to get 100 homeless dog adopted!
I’m a pet chef and bake birthday cakes for dogs for dogs all around the country so families can celebrate their dogs birthday.
But I realized there are so many homeless dogs who have never had anyone celebrate their birthday muchless bake them a cake.
I have decided to change that! I jump in my kitchen at my stores The Dog Bakery and start baking up some dog birthday cakes!
- If you ever watch any of my videos, you know that I work really hard to help rescue dogs. But what some of you may not know is I’m actually also a pet chef. I’m in one of my stores called The Dog Bakery, and one of my favorite things in the world is that we ship dog birthday cakes across the nation. I mean, thousands and thousands of them. And it makes me really happy to think that a bunch of doggies out there are having a really great birthday party with their family. What makes me really sad is there are homeless dogs out there that don’t ever get that experience. So, you know what? We’re changing that. We’re gonna make 100 dog cakes to help get 100 homeless dogs adopted. You tired yet?
- No, I can do this all day.
- Well, we are doing it all day.
- I have been doing it all day.
- It is day two now, and it might even go into day three, but, you know, whatever it takes. It’s a lot of work baking cakes for dogs. I’ll tell you why it’s a little harder, is because with a human cake, you can use sugar and all the things that just really make a cake come together. With dog cakes, you’re using different ingredients that make it a little bit harder to pull this together. But these cakes are good. Like, here, I’ll take a bite of it to show.
- No no no, we need to save it for the dogs.
- All right, but it is good, but she is right. We’ve been here baking long enough.
- And if we eat one, we gotta make another one. All right, check ’em out, all the cakes are coming together. I can’t wait. Next, we just gotta write the names on all the cakes. So we’re personalizing all of these cakes and then we’ll be ready to go. I did Tex, you’ve got Zippy and Subscribe.
- Oh, oh! We’re at Boxer Rescue LA in Los Angeles. I brought all the cakes with me, and we’re gonna go celebrate the birthdays with some really cute boxers. Let’s do it. That smells so good. It smells like peanut butter. Oh, and the stuff that looks like chocolate is actually carobs, so it’s safe, it’s non-toxic for dogs. All of these are grain-free. Good, healthy ingredients. I mean, just what you need for a doggo birthday. Oh, and if you want, you can sign up for my dog birthday club, and I’ll even email you a reminder when it’s your dog’s birthday. We wanna cover the adoption fee for all 30 of the dogs that are here.
- Yep. Yeah. So what, how much is it?
- That’s $300 per dog.
- 300 times 30.
- [Kelly] So that’s, that’s $9000.
- 9000, we’re gonna cover that.
- Oh my God.
- You guys are awesome.
- Oh my God!
- So we’re gonna cover that. Now–
- That is awesome.
- For all of you watching, sometimes people get upset when you cover adoption fees because they say oh, anybody can just go adopt a dog, but that’s not the case. These guys have been doing this since 1977. You know how to really put people through the adoption process, right?
- So, okay. So with that being said,
- Now we know they can all get adopted. That’s covered. So the people showing up today, have some of them already paid?
- But they may wanna donate more on top of Rocky.
- So that’s the kind of people that adopt from us.
- And support us.
- So tell them I will either pay them back, or they can still pay the adoption fee and then I’ll just give you guys that money anyways.
- Great, that’s fantastic.
- Okay, we, here come Coby and Marley. Okay, happy birthday! Okay, which one’s Coby and which one’s Marley?
- Coby and Marley. Happy birthday Coby and Marley! Thank you, thank you. Oh, you give kisses? Oh, good dog, you’re a good dog. Is that good then? Happy birthday! Okay, so I want you to do me a big favor. Want you to hit the thumbs-up for Charlie, wish him happy birthday. Same for Missy, because these are some sweet dogs. Leave a comment down below and tell them happy birthday. Okay, okay! Okay, maybe it’s just me, but I could watch dogs eat birthday cakes all day long. I don’t know. Let me know if you’re the same. Okay, now the rest of the day, we gave all of the other boxers in the shelter their birthday cakes, so that every dog there got a cake. Now there were only about 30 cakes, so we had a lot left over, so I went live and let local rescue groups know that they could come pick up the cake. In fact, here’s some awesome pictures and videos from Animal Hope and Wellness that came by and picked up a bunch of the cakes so that the dogs in their rescue could celebrate their birthday.
- [Shelter Employee] Grayson, do you want your cake? Do you want your cake, Grays?
- Oh, you just adopted that one?
- [Man With Dog] Yeah.
- [Rocky] Yeah, okay, and you just adopted this one?
- We’re adopting Pilgrim but we’re gonna come up, we want a new name.
- If you want, we can do something really fun. So this video is on, gonna be on YouTube and Facebook. If you want, we can have everyone suggest names in the comments below.
- That’d be fun.
- Okay, all right. So right here, for this dog they’re going to adopt, I need all of you to leave a comment down below, and they’ll, you’ll watch the video, right?
- Yeah, absolutely.
- Okay. Comment down below and give them name suggestions. They need your help.
- Yeah, and where would I go? What do I type in on YouTube?
- It’s PewDiePie, no. And then also, today, I’m covering your adoption fees.
- You are?
- That’s fantastic.
- Yeah, we appreciate you coming out to adopt.
- Thank you very much.
- Yeah, yeah, we got you covered.
- That’s awesome.
- If you want, you could still give the money to them as a donation, but you don’t have to. We’re covering all the adoptions.
- We did.
- Okay, okay, you already did.
- You can match it.
- Okay, all right, I’m matching your adoption today then.
- And that’s wonderful, that’s even better.
- Awesome, awesome.